Sunday, November 21, 2010

Everyday We Wake Up...

Once upon a time I went to Lilith Fair...

Moral of the story is that I absolutely fell in love with this song: You, Me and the Bourgeoisie by The Submarines





Plastic Bottles
Imported Water
Cars we drive wherever we want to
Clothes we buy it's sweatshop labor
Drugs from corporate enablers
We're not living the Good life
Unless we're fighting the Good fight
You and Me just trying to get it right
But when you hear all of these issues that people put to the back of their mind compacted into a few seconds it makes this song amazing. I just held my breath the first time I really listened. It also describes how we're not really living the way we're meant to unless we're fighting all these issues. Ultimately all of these topics directly effect other people around the world in ways that we may never have imagined. How unfair of us to indulge in so many luxuries not only because others cannot but without even considering who we're harming in the process. "Unless we're fighting the Good Fight. You and Me just trying to get it right." Getting it right is a lot harder than people think. With one solution comes another problem and its all about finding the fairest and most sustainable way for the world as whole. Until greed subsides and people start considering the future instead of living for the now, it's clear that private citizens can only "try to get it right."


Love can free us from all excess
From our deepest debts
Cause when our hearts are full we need much less
When people ask me what I want, and I honestly feel like anything I want I shouldn't have. If I don't need it, or can't put it to some long term use for bettering myself or others, than its not worth getting. The things people "need" these days amaze me. People say "I can't live without it." Really? All I need are the people I love, honestly, which seems cliche, but its absolutely true. I grew up with two brothers. None of us getting too much of what we wanted, and none of us ever regretting not having those objects. For the first time in quite a while all five of us will be living under the same roof. I can't be any more thankful.



But Here we are in the center of the first world
It's laid out for us, who are we to break down?
Everything is right in front of us. How stupid would we be to turn it away? If we choose to open our eyes we'll realize that the way we have brought up to live is strictly for our own comfort with no real consideration for the world or others.



Everyday we wake up
We choose Love
We choose Light
And we try, it's too easy just to fall apart
Think about it. People wake up so cranky every morning. We need to wake up looking at each day as a challenge. What can I do to live to my fullest? Choosing Love and Light may seem so easy, but lets be honest... how many times did you press the snooze button this morning? It's so easy to and let the world pass us by dwelling on things that we dread. Approach life head on and conquer what needs to be done so you can have every opportunity to Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment